SHI's Return Policy
- "OEM" means the original equipment manufacturer, or in the case of software, the software publisher/licensor.
- "Order" means the form of purchase order or other document used for the purpose of ordering Product and Order shall include a phone order placed by Customer employee to Reseller utilizing Customer's corporate procurement card or Customer's written or electronic form of purchase requisition.
- "Product" means third party software, computer peripherals, and computer hardware, collectively, which are resold by the Reseller.
- "Reseller" means SHI International Corp. or any of its affiliates, as the case may be.
2. Subject to Sections B,C,D,E, and F, below,
- For a Product to be eligible for return it must be: (1) in Resale Condition (defined as unused and one hundred percent complete, including all original boxes, packing materials, manuals, blank warranty cards, and other accessories provided by the OEM), (2) within the OEM’s or distributor’s allowable time period for return after Customer’s receipt of the Product, and (3) not designated as “non-cancellable” or “non-returnable” (“Special Order”) when quoted by Reseller to Customer.
- If the Product is a Special Order item or not in Resale Condition, then Reseller will accept the return only if the OEM/distributor will accept the return.
- Shipping and any restocking fees imposed by the OEM or distributor shall be at Customer’s cost.
- If return is due to Reseller’s error, and the return request is made by Customer within thirty days of receipt of Product, then Reseller will accept the return at no additional cost to Customer.
- If Customer ordered the incorrect Product or has decided that it no longer wants the Product, then Reseller will accept the return from Customer, provided the OEM/distributor will accept the return.
B. Non-Conforming Product
If Customer determines, in its reasonable discretion, that any Product is not in conformance with the description in the Order (a “Non-Conforming Product”), then Customer may at its option, either:
- Request that Reseller promptly initiate an order to replace the Non-Conforming Product at no cost to Customer, in which case Reseller will order a replacement unit within one business day of notice of nonconformance from Customer and Customer shall return the Product to Reseller, all at no cost to Customer; or
- Terminate the non-conforming portion of the applicable Order, in which case Customer shall return the Product to Reseller at no cost to Customer, and Reseller, upon receipt of the Product, shall promptly refund to Customer any payments made to Reseller therefor, provided that the request for such return was made within OEM’s or distributor’s allowable time period for return after receipt of Product by Customer, and that the return will be made in accordance with Reseller’s RMA process, described below.
C. Software License Returns
The OEM’s return policy or the applicable license agreement, as the case may be, will govern returns for licensed software.
D. Damage, Defects and DOA
If the Product has concealed damage (i.e., there is no evident damage to external packaging), is defective, or dead on arrival (“DOA”), Reseller will accept the return from Customer, provided the OEM or distributor will accept the return from Reseller. In any event, the OEM’s or distributor’s policies, as applicable, (which may include processing as a warranty claim) will apply. Reseller will order a replacement unit within one business day of notice of damage, defect or DOA from Customer for prompt delivery to Customer, all at no cost to Customer.
E. Shipping Damage
If a package containing Product purchased from Reseller arrives at Customer Order’s ship-to address with external damage, Customer should refuse to accept delivery from the carrier. If Customer does accept delivery of such a package, Customer must:
- note the damage on the carrier's delivery record so that Reseller may file a claim;
- save, as is, the Product and the original box and packaging it arrived in; and
- notify Reseller in writing within five days of delivery acceptance to arrange for carrier’s inspection and pickup of the damaged merchandise.
If Customer does not comply with the above requirements, Customer will be deemed to have accepted the Product as if it had arrived undamaged, and Reseller’s regular return policy, as described herein, and all OEM warranties and restrictions will apply.
F. RMA Process
In order for Reseller to accept return, Customer must first obtain from Reseller and apply a Returned Merchandise Authorization ("RMA") to the returned Product. If Customer returns Product directly to the OEM, distributor, or Reseller without an RMA, then Reseller shall not be responsible for accepting such return, Product replacement or refund, and such return may void any Customer claims on the Product. Customer shall ship all Product returns to Reseller designated recipient DDP (Delivered Duty Paid) per Incoterms®.